This Page

has been moved to new address

What's in your make-up bag?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: What's in your make-up bag?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What's in your make-up bag?

I had someone ask me what I keep in my make-up bag. Well! I actually didn't have a "make-up bag" for a very long time. I'd just do my make up at home before work everyday and just let it do its thing. Now I take my make-up to work with me for those "lazy days" when I feel like I need coffee more than I need make-up (I'm going to be honest, I wake up 20 minutes before I have run out the door, I really do only have the option for one or the other).

So, here it is, the contents of my make-up bag. These are by no means my only pieces nor even necessarily my favorite make-up pieces. Some of them are tried and true faves and others are just the flavor of the week. I'll let you know what they are as I go along!


My make-up bag, from Ecotools from the Alicia Silverstone Line
This bag came with brushes in a separately zipped pouch, it's pretty great!
It's also nice and roomy.
Now on to the contents!
Urban Decay Baked Bronzer in "Baked" 
I'm really loving the Urban Decay Baked Bronzer right now. It wasn't an impulse buy, I bought it because the counter girl put it on my bare face with nothing else and when I walked back to work after my lunch break I got compliments from people on my skin! It's pretty great. It's $24 at the counter.

Wet N Wild Comfort Zone palette. 
This palette is a great mix of colors, is pigmented and thin so it doesn't take up much room. It's also only $4.99 at drugstores! Yaaaay!

Benefit Cosmetics "Hello Flawless!" SPF 15 
I love this powder, it's just...what's the word? Nice! It evens everything out and sets all my make up really nicely. I'm a huge fan of the bottom level that houses a mini brush and sponge. I've already hit pan on this, which is hard with so much make-up!

E.L.F Palette with MAC shadows: Satin Taupe, Sketch, Illegal Cargo, Coquette
I enjoy this palette because it's small and cheap, it does the job for $1. These shadows I've collected by swapping for them on Makeupalley.com. Some of these are depots and some are MAC pro pans. I like to use Coquette as my eyebrow fill in color. It's perfect.
Trial size of Benefit Cosmetics stay don't stray
Stay Don't Stray is my favorite eyeshadow primer. It seems to do a really good job of 1)evening out the color of my lid 2)Making color more vibrant  3)Less likely to crease and 4)Makes it last longer.
Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin
This is my favorite foundation, right now. I see that changing because it's not great, but it gets the job done. I'm honestly still on the search for the best foundation for my skin. It may be a never ending quest.

These are the brushes I use for my eyes. E.L.F Shader and Counter brushes and Revlon brow brush.
I use only these three brushes to do my eye make-up. Only when I'm on the go, at home I use way more brushes. Probably because I have a lot.
Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer
This is the easiest concealer for me to tote around in my bag. I do like it though, so it's not like that's the only reason I carry it around. It's creamy and easy/quick to use. It also matches my skin very well so it never looks odd if worn alone.
CoverGirl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara
This is my holy grail for mascara. It's a drugstore brand, but it seriously does for my lashes what no other mascara does. They look full, long, healthy, and not clumpy. It's a truly well kept secret and I wish more people would sing its praises!
Clinique Airbrush Concealer
This concealer is THE BEST one stop shop for my under eyes. When I used to work at the Clinique counter I honestly never understood the power this product has. It took Lisa Elderidge to show me the way of the airbrush concealer to find out that this is what my under eyes had been looking for all along!
Urban Decay Zero/Whiskey 24/7liner from Naked Palette
This eyeliner is pretty much, amazing. It has a black and a brown together so they take up less space in my bag but also they are creamy, blendable, smudgeable, and yet wont budge throughout the day and last FOREVER. I love these 24/7 eyeliners now, it's caused me to buy more colors, all of which are also great.

Well! That's all folks! Hope this was either interesting or informative. Cuz lord knows it can't be both. Either way, hope you enjoyed it!

So, what's in your make-up bag?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home