This Page

has been moved to new address

Spring look with Urban Decay

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: Spring look with Urban Decay

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring look with Urban Decay

So, Spring is almost here. I keep hoping it will come soon because I'm tired of rain boots and frizzy hair. I'd also like to finally start doing some more spring like make-up. I went to the Urban Decay counter to look for some inspiration. I'd always wanted to try a lavender eye look but was always too worried I couldn't pull it off with my olive skin. Pastels scare me.

After some looking around though I managed to find their 24/7 Shadow Pencils. The one color that stuck out to me was Morphine, it is this beautiful lavender color with a bit of pearl. I've used Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliners before and have been a huge fan of their consistency, durability and wearability. When I saw that they'd made these into Shadow Pencils I was super excited to try them. I asked the make up artist if she could show me a good way to wear this. She asked if I had the Naked palette (and I do!) so she showed me a good way to wear it.

Begin with Sin from lid to brow bone. Then put the 24/7 shadow pencil in Morphine on the lid, straight from the pencil and blend with a brush. Next, take Naked and put it on just the crease, then mix Hustle and Dark Horse and add it to just the outer corners of the eyes. To finish the look off add Virgin to the inner corners of the eyes. To top it all off line your eyes with 24/7 eye liner in Bourbon (a rich brown shade with a hint of shimmer).  The look took her a total of 3 minutes to finish, easy and no fuss. You can see the final look to the right here. It's soft and spring like, but not super pastel and overbearing. I was a huge fan with the work she did, I bought Morphine and Bourbon as I didn't own either of them.

Here are some swatches of the shades:
Bourbon 

Bourbon

Morphine

Morphine

Bourbon and Morphine (Flash)

Bourbon and Morphine (No Flash)  
Hope you enjoyed this fun Spring look. I'm just glad I was able to find a lavender eye look that wouldn't make me look like A) a kid or B) like pastels blew up on my face. This look truly is a wonderful look for the coming months and I'm excited to try it out myself. The products have wonderful staying power as well, I got my make up done around 1pm and it held strong even at 10pm when I washed it off.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home