This Page

has been moved to new address

Viva Glam Lady Gaga VS Rimmel Pink Blush

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: Viva Glam Lady Gaga VS Rimmel Pink Blush

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Viva Glam Lady Gaga VS Rimmel Pink Blush

Now that spring is drawing nearer I'm beginning to gravitate towards lighter and more spring like shades. One color I have been trying to add to my collection is a flattering bubble gum pink shade. I started looking into it and soon realized that Viva Glam Gaga (the first one) was apparently a very flattering shade that would have worked on my NC35 skin tone. To be completely honest, when the shade came out I didn't even give it a try because it looked too light. I didn't even consider it, which now makes me bash my head against my desk in regret. Lesson learned, don't judge a lipstick in its tube.

The good news: I have found a shade of lipstick that is very very close to the Viva Glam Gaga shade. Rimmel in Pink Blush is a very similar color, they do have their slight color differences and a total difference in smell and texture but each one has also has their drawbacks. I borrowed the Gaga shade from a friend and decided to do a side by side.

Viva Glam Gaga is a lustre formula, which usually means they are on the sheer and moisturizing side. However, this shade is a little odd; this one is more opaque than the usual lustre shades. Unfortunately, even though this shade has a little more color payoff it's also very streaky in my experience (you'll see in the pictures).  The color payoff (compared to other lustres), how flattering the color looked and the fact that it smelled like vanilla all made up for its streakiness.

After trying the Lady Gaga shade I moved on to Rimmel Pink Blush. I managed to hunt the shade down at Walgreens. Right when I uncapped the lipstick I got hit my this very strong smell of cinnamon. I was instantly turned off by the lipstick, however, I powered through for make-up science. I applied the lipstick and I have to say it went on a lot nicer than the Lady Gaga shade. I did notice that this shade was a tinge warmer than Viva Glam Gaga, but that was actually more flattering for my skin tone. I also noticed that the Rimmel shade wasn't as streaky and I didn't have to keep swiping the lipstick on to get a good amount of opaqueness.



Take a look at the pictures of my science experiment below:


Left: Pink blush Right: Viva Glam Gaga 


Top: Pink Blush Bottom: Viva Glam Gaga

Viva Glam Gaga

Rimmel Pink Blush

As you can see the shades are very close. However, oddly enough, I found that I actually liked the Rimmel Pink Blush better than the Lady Gaga shade. I had no idea what it was at first, but the lipstick just performed better in general, it was more opaque, not streaky and although it had a horrible smell at first that went away after a couple of minutes and then I was just left with an awesome shade of bubble gum pink. Pink Blush actually outlasted Viva Glam Gaga in wearability as well. Mac Lustre shades are notorious for wearing off rather quickly, which Viva Glam Gaga did indeed do. Rimmel Pink Blush, on the other hand, lasted me about 3 hours and when it faded left a hint of pink rather completely bare lips. Rimmel didn't feel as moisturizing as Viva Glam Gaga, however, it wasn't drying either. In the end I found Pink Blush had a good balance.

All in all, it seems that for the $6 I paid for Rimmel Pink Blush I got a good deal! I love the lipstick now, it's exactly what I'd been searching for and I no longer regret not buying Lady Gaga. Rimmel is actually a more flattering shade for Olive skin tones AND performs better. So, if you can get over the initial smell of the lipstick, which really wont be too hard after a minute or two, then you'll be left with a nicely priced and lusted after shade!

So, what do you say reader, will you give Rimmel Pink Blush a try?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home