This Page

has been moved to new address

Chanel? Oh My!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: Chanel? Oh My!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chanel? Oh My!

I can honestly say I've never owned Chanel anything. I suppose that the poor kid in me just can't fathom spending the amount of money it takes to own Chanel. However, I constantly hear about how amazing the brand is, most especially the lipsticks.

I frequent this website called Makeupalley.com not only because I love reading the reviews on products before I buy any make-up, but also because they have a swap program you can join. I realized I have many things that probably need a new home and put them up for swap. I ended up swapping a Marc Jacobs perfume I received as a gift, but was unfortunately allergic to, for a Chanel lipstick and eyeshadow.

The lipstick I received was the Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle. It is a "hydrating cream color" and it truly was amazing from the very first time I used it. It felt like creamy butter on my lips and the shade, oh the shade was beautiful! The texture was not too drying, but almost matte, yet creamy. The staying power was arguable, but definitely better than my MAC lipsticks. I'd say I got about 4 hours of wear.

I can honestly say that I was very happy to have swapped my perfume for this, I fell in love with it the first day I used it. The feel of it, the beautiful shade is truly universal and would look flattering on anyone.  On fairer skin it would probably pull more pink, but on my NC35 skin, it's almost a neutral pink. It's a beautiful neutral color which can be worn day or night.



This could be my everyday lipstick, too bad it's $32, though I think if I love it this much I would repurchase if I ran out! I don't think I've ever loved a lipstick as much as I do Chanel Mademoiselle. Only time will tell, for now, I still have plenty of wear in my tube left. I will continue to wear the shade morning, noon and night because it really is that wearable!

I would probably never have recommended for anyone to go out and buy a $32 lipstick, but I just have to say, try it. Try it in a store, wear it around all day and see how it feels and looks. If you love it as much as I do? I say, get it. =)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 2, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just a beautiful shade. I love Chanel lipsticks! :)

 
At May 2, 2011 at 11:20 AM , Blogger breakfastinrome said...

Agreed, I never knew the magic that is Chanel lipsticks until Mademoiselle. Now I'm powering through the tube!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home