This Page

has been moved to new address

Lip Gloss? Ew.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: Lip Gloss? Ew.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lip Gloss? Ew.

Okay I lied, this is not a post about disliking lip gloss. Instead this is a post of me coming to love lip gloss.  I used to be a Chapstick girl, plain and simple, any day everyday you'd find me with cherry Chapsticks hidden in my backpack, purse and jackets. I hated lip gloss, it was my nemesis, it was thick, gooey and pretty fly paper for my hair.
Fast forward to just recently and when asked if I liked lip gloss I would say, "Oh god no, it's evil." That is until someone said something to me, "You know lip gloss isn't what it used to be. It's a lot better now." This intrigued me, I wondered if they'd gotten rid of all the sucky parts of lip gloss and left all the pretty parts. I decided to shop around and  guess what? A lot of them haven't changed, but I found one that DID.

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals 100% Natural Lip Gloss - Cassis this lipgloss really impressed me. I picked a fun neutral color that would just a bit of shimmer to my lips, so I chose Cassis, it's a pretty color; a rosey color with a tinge of gold. I found that this gloss got it right, it seems goopey when you  you pull the wand out of the tube but once it's on your lips it's a different story. No longer do I have to feel like I have a layer of icky film on my lips instead they feel conditioned and happy with the added benefit of getting a really nice shine and shimmer from the color. Cassis is my first and only color from this line, but I can definitely see myself owning more colors. This color was a great way to ease into the line as it's extremely versatile and good for everyday.

Now onto the pictures!

Swatch with no flash.
Isn't it a pretty color?

Before
After
All in all I'd say this is a very awesome lip gloss with little draw backs, I would definitely recommend it as it seems to stay on my lips for a good 4 hours and rather than making my lips feel gross or dry once it's gone it ends up making my lips feels more moisturized. Looks like I'll be wearing more lip gloss these days!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home