This Page

has been moved to new address

Maybelline Fit Me - Will it?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: Maybelline Fit Me - Will it?

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Maybelline Fit Me - Will it?

For starters let me say that I love a new foundation about as much as I love a new eyeshadow. I've used all kinds and like to change it up until I find my true love. So, it's no surprise that when I saw the Maybelline Fit Me line at my drugstore I was about as happy as a brat on Christmas day. I always like to read up on things before I buy them so I decided to go home and see if there were any reviews or background on the new line.

Maybelline's description is, "No oils, no waxes, no nonsense. Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be: fresh, breathing, natural. Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through." The way the line works is by having 3 different ranges of foundation light, medium and dark. Each range has 6 foundation colors, 2 concealers, 6 powders, 4 blushes and a bronzer. The idea is that once you find the shade that fits you can easily go on and choose a concealer, powder, bronzer and blush that is guaranteed to fit your skin color. From reading some quick reviews it seemed that people generally liked it and those that didn't disliked it because they felt it didn't provide enough coverage for their needs. However, I love light to medium coverage foundation so I decided that this may be worth trying.

I chose to try out the foundation first, since I wanted to ease into the line. The most amazing part about doing this was that I could find my correct foundation color in store, which is not something you've ever been able to do in a drugstore, it's usually a bit of an awkward gamble to try and guess. This line's display has little testers in front of it so that you can actually match your shade perfectly. So, I did what I usually do when trying a new foundation; I did a quick color match on my hand then put 3 shades on my face and stepped out into day light to find the closest match. Once I did that I noticed that the 220 (Natural Beige) blended in perfectly. The foundation was light, and had a "barely there" scent to it (that I liked) and seemed to blend in easily so I decided to give it a go.


I tried this foundation the next morning when I did my make up routine, I quickly noticed something I wish came with the product; a pump. The packaging it super attractive but without a pump was a little harder to use than I would like, nonetheless, once I used the product I was super pleased. The foundation was light but evened out my skin, blended in nicely and even gave me a bit of dewy-ness that I like from my foundations. I was afraid the foundation might be a little too dewy for my combination skin, but I wore it all day after setting it with my setting powder and it didn't budge or make me oily half way through the day. I usually use Clinique Almost make up and this foundation gave more coverage than that but was on par on just about everything else. Maybelline Fit Me cost me $8 for 1 oz and Clinique's Almost Makeup costs $22 for 1.5 oz. If you can find Maybelline on sale (since drugstores tend to do that often for make-up), then it'll be even cheaper.

All in all I would totally recommend this foundation for people with dry or combination skin. It's definitely worth the price and performs well. With 18 shades the line actually does pretty well at catering to olive skinned women, and that really impressed me, I hope that other lines follow in suit. I also hope more drugstore brands also begin to offer a way to try foundations in store. I definitely plan on trying the rest of the line, I hope it's as impressive as the foundation was. If you're on the fence about this, I say try it, you may be impressed. If you're not you can always return it, since most drugstores have relaxed make up return policies!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home