This Page

has been moved to new address

So Chaud, So Caliente!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: So Chaud, So Caliente!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

So Chaud, So Caliente!

A lot of new things have been going on over on this end. I'm sporting my curly hair for the first time in pretty much, ever, recently. It was all thanks for my awesome stylist who gave me my first hair cut tailored to my curly hair. I was apprehensive, but I've gotta say, I'm loving not having to blow dry my hair everyday! ---->

Another new thing going is that I've gotten a promotion at work! It's been really busy and the pay hasn't kicked in yet, but it's also really exciting because I'm really getting a lot of control over how things are done with a new project and that's incredibly exciting.

However, with it comes a lot of moments of frustration and feeling overwhelmed so whenever that happens I feel like I need a pick me up. Sometimes that will be a fun song, a cupcake or even a lipstick. In this case I'd been having a particularly bad day so I went to the MAC counter and said, "If I told you I'm angry what lipstick would you recommend?" and the SA (who is pretty much my make up guru) said, "Oh my God! So Chaud!" I was apprehensive to own another red lipstick, but gave it a try anyway.

I really think this lipstick is aptly named, "Chaud" means "Hot" in french. This is a very "Hot" color. When I saw the color in the tube I thought it leaned too orange to work on me, but I'm not going to lie when I swiped it on it was like my troubles melted away. What bad day? Look at this awesome lipstick I just found! Err, my SA found...haha

So Chaud is a matte and it is definitely a red/orange. Despite being matte it isn't incredibly drying and the lasting power was really impressive (Hello making it through lunch?). Gotta say though the best part about this shade is that it doesn't matter how down you are, you can't be sad when you have an awesome lipstick like this on! I wore it out of the store and got compliments all day. A bum even said to me, "Hey Lady! You got some nice lips there!" to which I responded with scurrying away, but still very nice nonetheless.







I have to say, this lipstick really made my day. It's part of MAC's permanent line so if you've been looking for a red/orange lipstick for your olive skin I'd give this one a try. I got so many compliments with this I don't even care that it's flashy! So go on girl, get you some hobo compliments!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home