This Page

has been moved to new address

Finding A Good MAC Red Lipstick

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: Finding A Good MAC Red Lipstick

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Finding A Good MAC Red Lipstick

I have read and been told that Olive skinned women should not wear red lipstick because it doesn't fit our skin tone and because it makes already full lips look bigger. Well, you know what I have to say to that? Bullshit.

Women with Olive skin most definitely can wear red lipstick. I own several shades (from MAC) and I find that red lipsticks can go from everyday to dramatic you just have to know what to look for.

For a nice everyday fall look I like to wear "Hot Tahiti" (right) it's a little more crimson, and it's a nice red without being too in your face. For spring and summer I like to wear "Lady Bug" (left) as my everyday shade. It's on the lighter side of the red spectrum. In the tube both these shades look a little scary, but these shades are of the "lustre" type, which means that they are actually a little on the sheer side and therefore not true to the tube, but these are great on Olive skin.


If you want to go a little more wham, bam, thank you ma'am! Then MAC also has you covered. One of the best shades I've found is Viva Glam I (which can be seen on the right.) It's an intense deep crimson red and looks fabulous on olive skin and dark hair.

If you really want some MORE oomph, then go for a very true bright red. The best shade for Olive skin is "Russian Red" seen here on the left. This is as true to red as you can get. It's definitely an "in your face" shade , but with confidence any girl can pull off this little number.

So, what are you waiting for? Go try these at the counter, and find the one that makes you feel gorgeous!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At August 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger FrenkÜzümü said...

I've got several reds from NYX and I love Snow White!
Eros is too bright, and Electra is a true red but I find Snow White more wearable for my light medium olive skintone.

 
At September 11, 2011 at 11:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally Hansen's red lipstick looks wonderful on my Olive Skin. :D

 
At September 12, 2011 at 12:10 AM , Blogger breakfastinrome said...

@chocolatemisu: What's the color name? Or is there only one? I'm not too familiar with the brand!

 
At September 12, 2011 at 12:11 AM , Blogger breakfastinrome said...

@FrenkÜzümü: So, I've added Snow White to my list of things to get, looks sooo pretty in pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home