This Page

has been moved to new address

C'est Faux?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: C'est Faux?

Monday, July 25, 2011

C'est Faux?

Well, I guess my last two posts are tied together by their French names! Faux, a nude MAC lipstick, is the culprit for this second french themed post.

I've got to say, as an olive skinned lady I am hard pressed to find a good nude lipstick. Usually they make my lips too white, like I've been hitting the crack, or it's too brown, which isn't nude at all. So, it's funny that although I've been on the hunt for a good nude lipstick for what seems like ages I ended up finding it randomly when I wasn't even looking.

This was a day when I went to the MAC counter to pick up a pre-order. I showed up, credit card in hand ready to pay and walk out. The SA had other things in mind. I had a fun 60's hair do and a thick winged out eyeliner and he says to me, "You know what would complete your look? A nude lipstick." To which I said, well, let me know when you find one that works for me because I'd like to see it.

Next thing I know he hands me Faux and just like So Chaud from the very first swipe I was in lipstick heaven. Faux is a satin finish and it glided on like butter, and while the color in the tube looks like a brown on my pigmented lips it was more of a nudey-pink and it was perfect. He was right, a nude lip did complete my look and I'd actually found a wonderful nude lipstick for the first time ever, by accident.






I think the best part about this lipstick is that it doesn't wash out my face/lips. It serves its purpose as a nude lipstick without being overbearing and unattractive, ahem, Gaga 2. It takes the usual berry color from my lips and covers it in a single swipe, leaving instead an evenly colored nude lip. Perfect.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home