This Page

has been moved to new address

MAC Mickey Contractor swatches

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: MAC Mickey Contractor swatches

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MAC Mickey Contractor swatches

Hello Olive Ladies,

I'm sorry it's taken me this long to write about the Mickey Contractor line. I can say right now that most of these are sold out online, however, you can get them the way I got them: by calling around to MAC stores who carry the line and asking if they have it and have it shipped to you.

To begin this party I chose the lipsticks because I am most excited about them and it can't wait. I got all four of the colors and boy am I glad I did! It's a shame that only Mocha is permanent for the MAC line. All the colors were extremely flattering, two lipsticks were matte and surprisingly creamy (Mehr and Yash), one is a Satin (Mocha). I love each and everyone one of these, but the winner for color pay off and consistency is definitely Gulabi, an amplified cream. I have to say this color has some staying power, even after showering and using face soap on it the color will not budge and is still vibrant. This stuff is not going anywhere!
(Note: some of the lipstick pictures are taken without flash because the color is more true in those pictures.)

From left to right: Gulabi, Mocha, Mehr and Yash (natural light)

From left to right: Gulabi, Mocha, Mehr and Yash (With flash)


Yash
Gulabi





















Mehr
Mocha






















Mocha
Mehr
Gulabi
Yash
I decided to only purchase two of the eye shadows and one of the fluid lines. I am very happy with the two I picked and have no regrets! For the shadows I chose Rani, a color close to the Gulabi lipstick, and Saffron a beautiful terracotta color. Rani is a frost and Saffron is a satin. The fluid line I chose is called Siahi and it is gorgeous, I was on the fence about this color but I am so glad that I decided to get it, it's even more beautiful in person.

Left to right: Rani, Saffron eye shadows and Siahi fluid line.  (natural light)

Left to right: Rani, Saffron eye shadows and Siahi fluid line.  (Flash)

Siahi Fluid Line

Rani eye shadow

Saffron eye shadow

Siahi Fluid Line

Saffron eye shadow
Saffron eye shadow
Rani eye shadow

Rani eye shadow

The final item I got from this collection was a blush. I didn't really think I needed another blush but honestly the color looked so amazing in the pictures that I wondered how it would look on me. Well, I was pleasantly surprised as the color was incredibly flattering. I believe this will be my staple and I will be sad when it is gone.

Sur

Sur

Wearing Sur Blush, Yash Lipstick and Siahi Eyeliner.

 All in all I am a HUGE fan of this collection. I truly felt that the Olive complexioned woman was considered when making this set and that the effort was put in to making colors that would be flattering on Olive skin. Each and every item was attractive and looked beautiful when worn. I am glad that this collection did not boast one thing and deliver another. Mickey Contractor very much delivered as promised; a collection full of flattering colors and products for Olive skinned women.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home