This Page

has been moved to new address

How to...Highlight!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make-up for Olive Skin: How to...Highlight!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

How to...Highlight!

So, for the longest time I had no idea how to use highlighter and was honestly resistant to the idea that it was even an important part of a make-up routine. Well, I still don't think it's important, but it sure is awesome to have.

Highlighter, luminizer, illuminator whatever you want to call it, they all serve the same purpose. It basically contains some type of light reflecting properties that give you that "glow" from within look.

Highlighters come in several shapes and forms, from liquids to powders. When picking your highlighter take into consideration what your skin type is. If you have oily skin it's to best stick to the powders. If you have dry skin you'd better use the liquid or gel. Of course, trial and error is always the best way to find what works best for you!

So, onto where to apply highlighter. Highlighter goes on the cheekbones and under the eyebrows. Be careful not to put any on the bridge of your nose, chin or temple if you get really oily it'll just enhance the look of oiliness. I do tend to get oily so I skip highlighter on the bridge of my nose, temple and chin. Some people like to do it, I don't.

Because I am oily I also like to stick to powder highlighters. Not always, sometimes I do use a gel or mix a liquid into my moisturizer but for the most part I only highlight my cheeks/brow bone with a powder. Right now my favorite is Mary Lou Manizer, my post about it here. It's a very flattering color for my NC35 skin tone and it really lasts through the day. It's very pigmented so a little goes a long way.

My routin is to do my full face of makeup, whatever I plan to wear for the day then I do my highlighter last. Over my blush or bronzer I suck in my cheeks so I can see the highest part of cheek bone and I apply highlighter there with a fan brush, again build, over doing it means having to start over. Then I grab a smaller thinner eyeshadow brush and apply highlighter under my brow bone. Ta da! Instant healthy but natural glow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home